To declare a minor in Anthropology, apply in Axess; contact the department's undergraduate student services officer to prepare the minor checklist and the minor planning form; submit the required forms to the undergraduate student services officer; request a faculty adviser assignment; and meet with the assigned faculty adviser for approval of the minor checklist and planning form. These forms are available at Undergraduate Forms and References. Students must apply in Axess for the undergraduate minor in Anthropology by the last day of the quarter at least two quarters before degree conferral.
Requirements for the minor in Anthropology include the following:
A program of 30 units, with a minimum grade of 'C':
- Of the 30 units, a minimum of 10 units must be taken from the chosen ANTHRO emphasis.
- Of the 30 units, a minimum of 15 units must be ANTHRO courses numbered 100 or above.
- Of the 30 units, 10 units may be approved from related areas of study, overseas studies, and transfer units.
- Note: Any related, overseas studies, or transfer units must be approved by the faculty adviser and by petition to the Undergraduate Committee
- No more than 5 units of directed reading-style course work may be counted towards the minor and may only be included among the 10 related units permitted for the minor.
- No more than 5 units may be taken for a satisfactory/no credit grade.
A self-designed course of study chosen from an Anthropology emphasis listed below and approved by the faculty advisor:
- Culture and Society
- Environmental Anthropology
- Medical Anthropology
Advising milestones for the minor include the following: