Academic Job Market Workshop
Main Quad - Building 50
Room 51A (Colloquium Room)
This workshop will focus on different aspects of preparing for the academic job market and will be guided by the questions and concerns of those who participate. It will incorporate some interactive activities and cover some of the following topics:
- Defining priorities as you approach the academic job market.
- Defining and discussing resources for finding different kinds of postdoctoral and teaching positions.
- Crafting the different elements of a post-doc application.
- Crafting the different elements of an application for different teaching positions (Teaching Statement, Syllabi, Research Statement, Diversity Statement etc…)
- Discussing some of the structural inequities and psychological aspects of navigating this process.